Tools and Methods
Repeatable and Scalable tools allow us to be more efficient for you.
Our “Toolbox” mentality
We view the sourcing process as a series of steps associated with specific tools designed to make the operation run smoothly as well as keep ALL providers accountable. Whether it is a contract management tool or a requirements matrix, all of these tools are designed to provide upfront and long term value to the organization.
Simplicity. We subscribe to a Simplicity Serves mentality. In other words, the approach to our work is very simple and highly efficient. The Methods we have developed allow us to approach projects and information gathering in a very systematic and repeatable way.
Our Sourcing Methodology ASCEND
Analyze – Gather information on your current technology projects, providers and technology spending process
Select – Identify providers that meet your culture for your project.
Collaborate – Work with you to create a custom sourcing strategy and plan
Engage – Work with providers for project bid, negotiations and deployment
Normalize – Post project review against statement of work; integrate provider into sourcing process
Direct – Document, monitor, evaluate and mange key providers performance with scorecards and matrices
- Zepp phone apps use AI to study your basketball shots May 29, 2017You may know Zepp for sports tracking sensors you can slap on your baseball bat or soccer ball, but its latest tracking involves little more than your phone and a good view of the action. Its game recording and training apps (Android, iOS) are adding...
- 'Rime' creators will remove anti-tampering code if it's cracked May 29, 2017Game studios that use digital rights management (DRM) tools tend to defend it to the death, even after it's been cracked. It prevents 'casual' piracy and cheating, they sometimes argue. However, Rime developer Tequila Works is taking a decidedly diff...
- Stars can turn into black holes without a supernova May 28, 2017As a rule, astronomers believe that stars have to explode in a supernova before they collapse into black holes. That violent death is always the cue, right? Not necessarily. Researchers have spotted a massive star 22 million light years away, N69...
- Nintendo might not be done boosting Switch production May 28, 2017It's no secret that Nintendo is facing a ton of demand for the Switch, to the point where it reportedly doubled production to keep up. Even that figure might be a tad conservative, however. The Financial Times' supply chain sources claim that Nintend...
- USB-powered Sega Nomad gives you near-endless game time May 28, 2017Sega's Genesis Nomad was always something of a compromise (it was running 16-bit console games on mid-1990s handheld tech), but the battery life was a particularly sore point: it took six AA batteries just to get 3 hours of play time. Wouldn't it be...